IMPORTANT PLUGIN UPDATE INFORMATION
DATE: Friday, August 29, 2014
In an effort to make the install and release process more streamlined, we've decided to deprecate MavensMate.exe (Windows), install.py (Linux), and MavensMate.app (OSX). Instead, the underlying MavensMate API, mm, will be automatically downloaded to the various plugins as a platform-specific executable with no dependencies (this is great news for you!).
Impact to MavensMate for Sublime Text
- Installation of MavensMate for Sublime Text is no longer platform-specific (now, the same process for Windows, OSX, and Linux).
- MavensMate (as of this weekend) will be available via Package Control, the Sublime Text package manager.
- Updates to the plugin itself will be automatically installed by Package Control.
- If you have
true, then MavensMate for Sublime Text will look for updates to the underlying MavensMate API, mm, and prompt you for an update when one is available.
- Once the 4.0.0 update to the MavensMate for Sublime Text plugin goes live this weekend, we recommend removing the current version of the plugin altogether and re-installing via Package Control. There will be a MavensMate notification in Sublime Text reminding you to do so.
- If you still wish to run
mmvia Python, you can still do so by setting
mm_python_locationare set properly.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly: @joeferraro
NEW CONTRIBUTORS, ATOM.IO UPDATE, MAVENSMATE AT DREAMFORCE
DATE: Wednesday, August 27, 2014
As any product grows, it becomes a bit more complicated to maintain and support (and most excitingly, enhance). MavensMate started as a series of Ruby scripts to make it possible to build Salesforce1 applications from the TextMate text editor (yeah, remember that one?). Now, the flagship plugin, MavensMate for Sublime Text, is used by Salesforce1 developers around the world. With great power comes great responsibility, as they say. In order to keep up with the steady flow of GitHub issues and updates to the Salesforce.com APIs, I'm happy to welcome the addition of a few new contributors:
These guys are busy developing new plugins and features (ahem, Atom.io), patching issues, testing, and responding to questions. Give them a follow on GitHub & Twitter.
MavensMate for Atom.io
MavensMate for Sublime Text
Many developers have asked me whether we plan to sunset the Sublime Text plugin with the emergence of Atom. The answer is an emphatic, "NO!". Sublime Text is still my favorite text editor and the one where I feel most productive as a developer. Our mission at MavensMate is to make developing Salesforce1 applications easy and fun regardless of text editor. Atom is just another tool in the toolbox. We will continue to enhance the Sublime Text plugin in parallel with the Atom plugin.
MavensMate at Dreamforce
We have two currently scheduled sessions at Dreamforce, this year:
- Introducing MavensMate for Atom.io
- Efficient Unit Tests and Bug Fixing Using MavensMate
More to come on these sessions later, but look out for them in the upcoming agenda builder. We look forward to seeing everyone in San Francisco in October!